ABRA hosts trainings and information sessions throughout the year to keep current and prospective licensees and registrants and DC residents up to date on alcohol and medical cannabis laws and regulations, programs, and best practices. Select sessions are recorded and made available online.
All sessions are free; advance registration is required. Next scheduled sessions are noted below.
- ABC 101
Tuesday, August 16, 2022 | 10:30 a.m.
- Community Training
- ID Compliance
Monday, June 27, 2022 | 10:00 a.m.
Monday, August 15, 2022 | 10:00 a.m.
- Orientation for ANC Commissioners (Recording only)
Applications and Registrations
- Intro to DC Cannabis Laws, Medical Cannabis Opportunities
- Clean Hands for Alcohol License Applications (Recording only)
- Steps to Getting an Alcohol License (Slide deck only)
- Books and Records for Hotels and Restaurants (Recording only)
- Semiannual Statements for Caterers (Recording only)
Legislation and Rulemakings
- Reopen DC Alcohol Act
Tuesday, July 19, 2022 | 10:30 a.m.
- Medical Cannabis Amendment Act of 2021 Public Information Session (Recording only)
- Common Violations and How to Avoid Them
- Rodent Abatement (Recording only)
- Reimagining Outdoor Space (Recording only)
- Fire Prevention and Winter Heating Information Session (Recording only)