ABRA Orientation for ANC Commissioners is a primer course focused on introducing newly elected and re-elected Advisory Neighborhood Commission commissioners to key agency functions and processes, and alcohol and medical cannabis laws and regulations.
Topics to be covered include:
- Public comment period for alcohol licenses and medical cannabis facility registrations
- Protest process steps and options for alcohol establishments and medical cannabis facilities
- Settlement Agreements, including templates, and how to submit and when
- Records search and request protocol
- New alcohol license endorsements, including games of skill and sports wagering
- New laws and introduced legislation
- Filing complaints
- General enforcement
- Internal resources and designated contacts
- Phase Two guidance
Participants may also get answers to their questions during the Q&A portion of the presentation.
All sessions are offered virtually and at no cost. Advance registration is required for all trainings.
Language interpretation may be requested during registration and is subject to availability.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh.
*Training dates are to be scheduled.