ABRA responds to public complaints about alcohol and medical cannabis facilities. Questions about medical cannabis patient cards should be directed to [email protected].
How to Submit a Complaint
- Main | 202.442.4423 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m)
- Afterhours | 202.329.6347 (Daily, 7:00 p.m.-4:00 a.m. Voicemails will be responded to ASAP.)
- Online Form
- Email | [email protected]
What to Include
Please include the following in your complaint:
- Business name.
- Street address, including quadrant.
- Date and time of incident.
- Nature of your complaint, such as noise, litter, etc. Be as specific as possible.
- Contact information including name, phone number, and email. Complainant information is not shared with the establishment. Complaints may be left anonymously.
What to Expect
- All received complaints are responded to within 24-hours of receipt.
- Violations must be observed and substantiated by an ABRA investigator. If a violation is observed, a case report will be drafted and submitted to the ABC Board for their determination. Case reports may only be released to the public following review by the ABC Board and may be requested through FOIAXpress.
- Noise complaints are the most commonly received complaint. Detailed information on noise regulations is available online.
- Complainants must provide investigators access to their home to determine the source of the noise and if the level of sound constitutes a violation. This requirement applies to all hours of the day include between 10:00 p.m.-3:00 a.m. on weekends, when most noise complaints are received.