Community Training is a foundation course created to help DC residents and community groups, including Area Neighborhood Commissions (ANCs) and civic and citizen associations, better understand the mission and responsibilities of the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration (ABRA), and alcohol license and laws basics.
Topics to be covered include:
- Alcohol license types, classes, and endorsements
- Complaints policy and procedures
- Public comment period for alcohol license applications and rulemakings
- Settlement Agreements
- Phase Two programs and guidelines
- Public records and document requests
- Internal and external resources
Participants may also get answers to their general questions during the Q&A portion of the presentation.
This course is not a substitute for the Alcohol Awareness Training which must be completed to receive an ABC Manager License. A list of approved Alcohol Awareness Training providers is available online.
All sessions are offered virtually and at no cost. Advance registration is required for all trainings.
Language interpretation may be requested during registration and is subject to availability.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh.
*Training dates are to be scheduled.