ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to multipurpose facilities in the District. A multipurpose facility is defined as a theatre, university, museum, conference center, art gallery, facility for the performance of sports, cultural, or tourism-related activities, indoor park, and a building/facility that primarily serves as recreational playground or workspace. ABRA issues two types of licenses to multipurpose facilities:
- On-premises Retailer Class C: Permits the sale, service and consumption of spirits, beer and wine at a multipurpose facility.
- On-premises Retailer Class D: Permits the sale, service and consumption of beer and wine at a multipurpose facility.
Multipurpose facilities can obtain additional endorsement to expand their scope of operations. Endorsement can be applied for either at the time of initial application or after the license is issued:
- Summer Garden or Sidewalk Café Endorsement: Allows a multipurpose facility to sell, serve and allow the consumption of alcoholic beverages on outdoor public or private space.
- Brew Pub Endorsement: Allows a multipurpose facility to brew beer on or adjacent to the premises and to sell the beer for consumption at the licensed facility. Also allows the licensee to sell the beer to wholesalers.
- Wine Pub Endorsement: Allows a multipurpose facility to manufacture wine on or adjacent to the premises and to sell the wine for consumption at the licensed facility. Also allows the licensee to sell the wine to wholesalers.
- Distillery Pub Endorsement: Allows a multipurpose facility to manufacture, distill and store craft liquors on the licensed premises or in an area immediately adjacent to the premises.
Multipurpose facilities class CX and DX licenses are due to renew by March 31, 2022. A complete schedule of renewal deadlines are available on ABRA's website.
Multipurpose Facility Forms
- ABC License Application Process and ABC License Application
- Extended Holiday Hours Form
- Summer Garden and Sidewalk Cafe Endorsement Form
- Gifts and Loans Disclosure Form
- ABC Manager License Form
- ABC Manager Renewal Form
- Security Plan Form
- Attorney/Agent Designation Form
- Stipulated License
- Import-Transport Permit for Retailers
If you are making any changes to an already licensed business, find the proper form here:
- One Day Substantial Change
- Change of Hours
- Change License Class
- Change Corporate Name
- Change Trade Name
- Change of Officers, Directors, Partners
- Change of Ownership (complete ABC License application)
- License Safekeeping
- Settlement Agreement Amendment and Termination Form
- Update Contact Information
- ABC Quick Guide: Multipurpose Facility Licensees
- ABC Quick Guide: Amending or Terminating Settlement Agreements
- ABC Quick Guide: Minors and ABC Establishments
- ABC Quick Guide: Books and Records and Food Sales Requirements
- ABC Quick Guide: Gift and Loan Rules
- Best Practices for Nightlife Establishments
- ABRA Noise Prevention Resources