Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share


ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to caterers in the District. Licensed caterers are permitted to sell, deliver and serve alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises of events where the caterer is also serving prepared food. A caterer's service of alcoholic beverages must be incidental to the preparation and service of food. 

ABRA issues one class of caterer's license, which allows the sale and service of spirits, beer and wine.

Learn more about caterer licensing fees on ABRA's website.

Semi-Annual Reports

Caterers are required to file semi-annual reports with ABRA that include the quantity of alcoholic beverages sold as well as sales and expenditures. Learn more about filing reports. Reports are due by:

Alcohol-licensed caterers in the District of Columbia are required to submit semi-annual reports to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (23 DCMR § 2006.1) that report sales and expenditures for both alcoholic beverages and food. Reports are due by: 

  • July 30 reporting January-June
  • January 30 reporting January-December

Caterer Licenses are Due for Renewal

All caterer licenses are due to be renewed by March 31, 2019Visit ABRA's renewal checklist to learn more details

Caterer Forms

Additional Resources