Allows select alcohol establishments to temporarily sell alcohol for carry-out, delivery, and indoor on-premises consumption from up to two (2) locations other than their licensed premises between 6 am -1 am daily.
- On-premises retailers—hotels, multipurpose facilities, nightclubs, private clubs, restaurants, and taverns.
- Locations must be in a DC Office of Zoning-designated commercial or mixed-use zone, and have a valid Certificate of Occupancy—unless the location is located on outdoor private space.
- Licensees must complete a brief online form
- A separate registration is required for each location—up to two (2). ABC Board is not required.
Valid Period and Fees
- Use of the location may begin immediately upon registration and must cease by midnight after the 60th day of registration.
- The ABC Board will consider written requests to extend temporary permissions for one (1) additional 30-day period. To extend permissions beyond 90 calendar days, an alcohol license must be filed.
- There is no fee to apply or participate.
- Alcohol for carry-out and delivery must be provided to patrons in closed containers and accompanied by at least one (1) prepared food item.
- "Prepared food” means food that is prepared or cooked on-premises and which does require further preparation for dine-in, carry-out, or delivery. To satisfy the prepared food item requirement, an alcohol establishment may also partner with a food vendor, including food trucks parked on the licensed premises, licensed by DC Health during its operating hours. Absent a written agreement with a food vendor to provide prepared food items for its patrons, food purchased from another establishment and delivered to a patron at an alcohol establishment would not meet the prepared food requirement.
DISCLAIMER | ABRA publishes datasets to enhance public access to its information and resources. ABRA assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in content and makes no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, or timeliness. ABRA will make every effort to correct errors brought to its attention. Correction requests should be emailed to [email protected].