The laws regulating the sale, distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages in DC are found in Title 25 of the DC Official Code. ABRA regulations are found in Title 23 of the DC Municipal Regulations.
The laws may only be enacted and amended by the DC Council. Both the DC Council and the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board may enact regulations interpreting those laws. The Board can enact new regulations through the rulemaking process and in accordance with the authority granted by Title 25. As part of the legislative process, the Council may also choose to amend Title 23.
- ABC Laws and Regulations - DC Official Code Title 25 and DCMR Title 23
- Omnibus Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Amendment Act of 2016
- Omnibus Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Act of 2015
- Omnibus Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Amendment Act of 2014 (Overview)
- Omnibus Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Amendment Act of 2013
- Civil Penalty Schedule
- District of Columbia Register