Allows alcohol establishments to sell and serve alcohol up to 4:00 a.m. and operate 24-hours on select days in conjunction with District Government and federal holidays. The eligible holidays, and respective duration for each, are detailed below. Extended hours start the evening of the first date and end at 4:00 a.m. on the last date.
- | Thursday, December 30 – Sunday, January 2
- | Friday, January 14 – Monday, January 17
- | Friday, February 18 – Monday, February 21
- | Thursday, April 14 – Sunday, April 17
- | Friday, May 27 – Monday, May 30
- | Friday, July 1 – Monday, July 4
- | Friday, September 2 – Monday, September 5
- | Friday, October 7 – Monday, October 10
- | Thursday, November 10 – Sunday, November 13
- | Wednesday, November 23 – Sunday, November 27
- | Friday, December 23 – Monday, December 26
On-Premises Retailers and Manufacturers with an On-Site Sales and Consumption Permit
Licensees must complete an Extended Holiday Hours Application and Public Safety Form at least 30-days before the first holiday they would like to participate in. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Board Orders and Settlement Agreement terms apply and may affect eligibility. Extended hours may be restricted by Mayor’s Orders and ABC Board rulemakings.
Extended hours are similarly made available to alcohol establishments in conjunction with presidential inaugurals and playoff games involving DC-based professional sports teams. These events are distinct and require separate registration.
Valid Period and Fees
Registration is valid indefinitely and automatically carries into new licensure periods. There is no fee to participate