Extended holiday hours do not apply during Phase Two.
Allows alcohol establishments to sell and serve alcohol up to 4:00 a.m. and operate 24-hours on select days in conjunction with District Government and federal holidays. The eligible 2021 holidays, and respective duration for each, include::
- New Year's Day | Thursday, December 31-Friday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Weekend | Friday, January 15-Monday, January 18
- Washington's Birthday Weekend | Friday, February 12-Monday, February 15
- DC Emancipation Day Weekend | Thursday, April 15-Sunday, April 18
- Memorial Day Weekend | Friday, May 28-Monday, May 31
- Independence Day Weekend | Friday, July 2- Sunday, July 4
- Labor Day Weekend | Friday, September 3-Monday, September 6
- Indigenous Peoples Day Weekend | Friday, October 8-Monday, October 11
- Veterans Day Weekend | Wednesday, November 10-Sunday, November 14
- Thanksgiving Day Weekend | Wednesday, November 24-Sunday, November 28
- Christmas Day Weekend | Friday, December 24-Sunday, December 26
On-Premises Retailers and Manufacturers with an On-Site Sales and Consumption Permit
Licensees must complete an Extended Holiday Hours Application and Public Safety Form at least 30-days before the first holiday they would like to participate in. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Board Orders and Settlement Agreement terms apply and may affect eligibility.
Extended hours are similarly made available to alcohol establishments in conjunction with presidential inaugurals and playoff games involving DC-based professional sports teams. These events are distinct and require separate registration.
Extended hours may be restricted by Mayor’s Orders and ABC Board rulemakings.
Valid Period and Fees
Registration is valid indefinitely and automatically carries into new licensure periods. There is no fee to participate