Licensed pub crawl promoters and organizers are required to complete the following at least 60 days prior to each pub crawl event to be held in the District:
Operational plan and security plan that include at minimum:
- Name(s) and number(s) of security personnel contracted for the event;
- Plans for controlling underage drinking; and
- Method to be used for checking participants’ identifications.
- Location(s) of the designated registration area(s).
- Plans for litter prevention, control, and removal that meets all of the requirements.
2. File a litter removal plan at least 60 days prior to each pub crawl event—guidelines provided in the Pub Crawl Event Form below—with the District Department of Public Works (DPW), which is subject to DPW approval in 10 days.
3. File a signed litter removal plan with the waste management company and proof of payment for services with ABRA and DPW within three days following a pub crawl event.
Pub Crawl Event Submissions
A pub crawl event form, operational plan, security plan and litter removal plan and all other required event documents may be submitted to ABRA by email or in person:
- 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 400 South, 4th Floor, Washington DC 20009
Documents may be provided to all other applicable agencies at the following contacts:
Promoters and organizers are required to obtain a pub crawl license 60 days prior to holding an initial event in the District. In addition, promoters and organizers must follow all rules provided in the Board's emergency rulemaking.