The Reimbursable Detail Subsidy Program is a District of Columbia public safety program for alcohol licensed:
- Restaurants, taverns, nightclubs, hotels and multipurpose facilities (on-premises establishments);
- Pub crawl events; and
- Outdoor events (licensed with a One Day Substantial Change License or a Temporary License)
As part of the program, Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) officers police areas outside of on-premises establishments and outdoor events that are enrolled in the program.
ABRA pays 65 percent of the costs incurred by licensees for MPD officers working details under the program. The licensee would pay the remaining 35 percent of the costs. Reimbursements are covered during the following hours:
Hours of eligibility have been modified from 11:30 p.m.-5:00 am., daily to 2:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m., daily to be in better alignment with reduced hours of operation permitted during Phase Two.
- Outdoor special events are eligible for reimbursement 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Licensees that want to enroll in the program or that need to make any changes to a current schedule should contact MPD by email or call (202) 576-6600.
If you are hosting a pub crawl event in the 3rd District (U Street Corridor), please contact Commander Stuart Emerman via email. For pub crawl events in the 2nd District (Dupont Circle/Farraguat areas), please contact Commander Duncan Bedlion via email.