Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Register a Community Association with ABRA

Community Group


Community associations can register with ABRA to receive notices regarding alcoholic beverage applications that are placarded within the area they represent.

Register with ABRA by completing a registration form and submitting it along with a copy of the community association’s articles of incorporation or bylaws. Submit documents to ABRA Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh by: 

  • Email
  • Mail: 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 400 South, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20009


An incorporated community association can protest a placarded license application if:

  • Membership in the association is open to all residents of the area represented by the association.
  • A resolution supporting or opposing the licensee’s application is submitted at a meeting conducted under the association’s bylaws or articles of incorporation. 
  • Notice of the meeting is provided at least 7 days before the date of the meeting to any affected ABC licensee or applicant.

A community association does not need to be registered with ABRA to file a protest.


ABRA Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh is available to attend community group meetings to answer questions related to alcoholic beverage licensing processes. Contact ABRA at:

Contact Phone: 
(202) 442-4423
Contact TTY: 
(746) 777-7776