Reimagining Outdoor Space, co-hosted by the District’s Department of Transportation, will delve into how alcohol establishments may add and/or expand their outdoor seating in public and private space during Phase Two—and what outdoor space is available to licensees under normal conditions.
Participants will be introduced to:
- Temporary permissions during the public health emergency and registration process
- Types of outdoor space such as parklets, streateries, and alley extensions
- Laws and regulations, including Mayor’s Orders and ABC emergency rulemakings, regarding the use of outdoor space
- Permissible shade structures and considerations and requirements for their use
- License endorsements for sidewalk cafes and summer gardens
- Sarah Fashbaugh, Community Resource Officer, Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration
- Emma Blondin, Transportation Planner, District Department of Transportation
- All sessions are offered virtually and at no cost. Advance registration is required for all trainings.
- Language interpretation may be requested during registration and is subject to availability.
*New training dates are to be scheduled.