Allows select licensees to sell and serve alcohol on new and expanded ground floor or street level outdoor public or private space not listed on its existing alcohol license.
- On-premises retailer licensees—hotels, multipurpose facilities, nightclubs, private clubs, restaurants, and taverns; common carriers; Convention Center food and alcohol retailers; and manufacturers with an on-site sales and consumption permit.
- Locations must be located in a DC Office of Zoning-designated commercial or mixed-use zone.
Valid Period and Fees
- Use of the location may begin immediately upon registration. Mayor Muriel Bowser approved the Streatery Program Extension Emergency Amendment Act of 2021 (B24-0532) on December 22, 2021. The Act extends the expiration date of the streatery program to April 30, 2022.
- There is no fee to apply or participate.
- Permitted service hours are between 8:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m., daily. Settlement Agreements apply.
- Live entertainment, including live music, with an Entertainment Endorsement is permitted on registered streateries between 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m., daily. Music is not permitted to be at volume where it may be heard in the homes in a DC Office of Zoning-designated residential zone.
- Outdoor dining structures, tents, or canopies are not permitted to have more than two (2) side flaps or walls and a roof.