ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to Internet retailers in the District. There are two types of licenses available:
- Class A: Permits a retailer that does not have a physical location open to the public to sell spirits, beer, and wine over the Internet only.
- Class B: Permits a retailer that does not have a physical location open to the public to sell beer and wine over the Internet only.
Internet retailers are permitted to sell and deliver alcohol in closed containers from:
- 7 am-midnight, seven days a week.
Internet retailers with an approved tasting permit are permitted to conduct tastings closed to the public at a designated common area of a storage facility where the licensee is a tenant.
Internet retailers may utilize a portion of the licensed premises for the sampling during its approved hours of operation; provided, that the tastings are:
- Not open to the public; and
- Limited to temporary and festival license holders and caterers.
Internet class A licenses are due to renew by March 31, 2021. Internet class B licenses are due to renew by September 30, 2023. A complete schedule of renewal deadlines are available on ABRA's website.
Internet Retailer's Forms
- ABC License Application Process and ABC License Application
- ABC Manager License Form
- ABC Manager Renewal Form
- Attorney/Agent Designation Form
- Settlement Agreement Amendment and Termination Form
- Gifts and Loans Disclosure Form
- Stipulated License
- Import-Transport Permit for Retailers
If you are making any changes to an already licensed business, find the proper form here:
- Change of Hours
- Change License Class
- Change Corporate Name
- Change Trade Name
- Change of Officers, Directors, Partners
- Change of Ownership (complete ABC License application)
- License Safekeeping