The Reopen Washington DC Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration Amendment Act of 2021, introduced by Mayor Muriel Bowser on January 25, represents a bold and innovative approach to boosting the District’s economic recovery, removing hurdles to launching and growing businesses, addressing food deserts, and creating opportunities to engage and attract residents and visitors.
ABRA’s information session will highlight key provisions included in the legislation such as:
• Attracting new full-service grocery stores to Wards 7 and 8
• Extending the streatery program
• Creating new alcohol licenses, including a commercial lifestyle license and third-party delivery license
• Allowing taverns in the Georgetown historic district
• Permitting doggie bags of spirits at restaurants and hotels
• Eliminating select application requirements such as notariziation