The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (Board) will hold a hearing to receive public comment on proposed rules that would permanently amend the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration's (ABRA) civil penalty schedule. The hearing will be held at:
- 1:30 pm on Wednesday, August 9, 2017
- Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Hearing Room, 2000 14th Street, NW, 4th Floor, Suite 400 South, Washington, DC 20009
The proposed rules would update the schedule by:
- Incorporating new infractions and penalties
- Changing the tier for certain infractions
- Allowing the Board to issue discretionary warnings for infractions that are not presently eligible for receiving a warning
Complete details are available in the Board's Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.
Individuals and representatives of organizations that want to testify in person at the hearing should contact ABRA General Counsel Martha Jenkins by 5 pm on Tuesday, August 8 by either:
- Emailing: Include the full name, title, and organization, if applicable, of the person testifying
- Calling: (202) 442-4456.
Any person providing testimony should bring six copies to the hearing. Testimony may be limited to five minutes in order to permit each person an opportunity to be heard.
Any person that cannot attend the hearing but wants to comment in writing on the rulemaking can do so no later than 30 days after the date the Civil Penalty Schedule Notice of Proposed Rulemaking is posted in the DC Register. Written comment should include the full name, title, and organization, if applicable, of the person providing comment and may be submitted by either:
- Mail: Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration, 2000 14th Street, NW, 4th Floor, Suite 400 South, Washington, DC 20009