ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to bed and breakfasts in the District.
A bed and breakfast is defined as an establishment that has:
- Fewer than 30 guest rooms;
- A dining room in the same or connected building;
- Breakfast included in the price of a room; and
- Food served to only registered guests and their guests.
There are two classes of bed and breakfast licenses:
- Bed and breakfast license class C: Permits a bed and breakfast to serve spirits, beer and wine.
- Bed and breakfast license class D: Permits a bed and breakfast to serve beer and wine.
Both licenses permit a bed and breakfast to serve alcohol to only guests and their guests as part of a room fee or with the cost of a meal. Service of alcoholic beverages is only permitted for on-premises consumption in a:
- Private guest room;
- Dining room;
- Banquet hall; or
- Similar facility on the licensed premises.
Bed and breakfast class C and D licenses are due to renew by September 30, 2019. A complete schedule of renewal deadlines are available on ABRA's website.
Bed and Breakfast Forms
- ABC License Application Process and ABC License Application
- Gifts and Loans Disclosure Form
- ABC Manager License Form
- ABC Manager Renewal Form
- Attorney/Agent Designation Form
- Entertainment Endorsement
- Extended Holiday Hours
- Stipulated License
If you are making any changes to an already licensed business, find the proper form here:
- One Day Substantial Change
- Change of Hours
- Change License Class
- Change Corporate Name
- Change Trade Name
- Change of Officers, Directors, Partners
- Change of Ownership (complete ABC License application)
- License Safekeeping
- Settlement Agreement Amendment and Termination Form
- Update Contact Information