ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to Internet retailers in the District. There are two types of licenses available:
- Class A: Permits a retailer that does not have a physical location open to the public to sell spirits, beer, and wine over the Internet only.
- Class B: Permits a retailer that does not have a physical location open to the public to sell beer and wine over the Internet only.
Internet retailers are permitted to sell and deliver alcohol in closed containers from:
- 7 am-midnight, seven days a week.
Internet retailers with an approved tasting permit are permitted to conduct tastings closed to the public at a designated common area of a storage facility where the licensee is a tenant.
Internet retailers may utilize a portion of the licensed premises for the sampling during its approved hours of operation; provided, that the tastings are:
- Not open to the public; and
- Limited to temporary and festival license holders and caterers.
ABRA will only license entities located in the District of Columbia that store their alcohol for sale within the District of Columbia. Businesses that seek to sell and store their inventory out of state are not eligible for a D.C. Internet Retailer's License.
Internet class A licenses are due to renew by March 31, 2024. Internet class B licenses are due to renew by September 30, 2023. A complete schedule of renewal deadlines are available on ABRA's website.
Internet Retailer's Forms
- ABC License Application Process and ABC License Application
- ABC Manager License Form
- ABC Manager Renewal Form
- Attorney/Agent Designation Form
- Settlement Agreement Amendment and Termination Form
- Gifts and Loans Disclosure Form
- Stipulated License
- Import-Transport Permit for Retailers
If you are making any changes to an already licensed business, find the proper form here:
- Change of Hours
- Change License Class
- Change Corporate Name
- Change Trade Name
- Change of Officers, Directors, Partners
- Change of Ownership (complete ABC License application)
- License Safekeeping