On August 19, 2020, Bill 23-867, the Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Support Emergency Amendment Act of 2021 supporting the Fiscal Year 2021 budget was signed into law. Included are six provisions, intended to benefit alcohol licensees and residents, set to take effect on October 1, 2020. They include:
- Permanently allowing on-premises licensees to sell alcohol for carry-out and delivery with prepared food between 6:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., daily.
- Allowing on-premises licensees and manufacturers to sell alcohol starting at 6:00 a.m., daily.
- Increasing the hours of sale and delivery of alcohol for off-premises licensees to 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., daily.
- Expanding the District’s Extended Holiday Hour Program by six (6)-days.
- Expanding Inaugural Week from a seven (7)-day to 16-day period.
- Permanently implementing a Games of Skill Endorsement and increasing the maximum number of devices per establishment to five (5).
Our one hour information session—inclusive of Q&As—will cover each of the changes and detail requirements, if any, to participate.
This course is not a substitute for the Alcohol Awareness Training which must be completed to receive an ABC Manager License. A list of approved Alcohol Awareness Training providers is available online.
All sessions are offered virtually and at no cost. Advance registration is required for all trainings.
Language interpretation may be requested during registration and is subject to availability.
Join the FY21 Budget Support Act Info Session
- September 24, 2020 | 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED