ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to bakeries in the District. A bakery can obtain a class C manufacturer's license to operate a facility that produces baked goods with a maximum of five percent of alcohol per volume. The alcohol-infused products may be sold to:
- Other alcoholic beverage licensees in the District;
- Dealers licensed outside of the District; and
- Consumers 21 years of age or older.
Any baked good infused with alcohol must be sold in a sealed or closed container. The container must have a label stating the brand of alcohol used in the product and that the product contains alcohol up to five percent per volume.
A bakery with a class C manufacturer's license is not permitted to sell and serve alcoholic beverages or to provide samples of alcohol-infused products to customers.
The annual license fee for a class C manufacturer's license is $1,000.
- ABC License Application Process and ABC License Application
- Attorney/Agent Designation Form
- Gifts and Loans Disclosure Form
- Stipulated License
If you are making any changes to an already licensed business, find the proper form here:
- One Day Substantial Change
- Change of Hours
- Change License Class
- Change Corporate Name
- Change Trade Name
- Change of Officers, Directors, Partners
- Change of Ownership (complete ABC License application)
- Transfer Consent (complete ABC License application)
- License Safekeeping