Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share


ABRA issues alcoholic beverage licenses to bakeries in the District. A bakery can obtain a class C manufacturer's license to operate a facility that produces baked goods with a maximum of five percent of alcohol per volume. The alcohol-infused products may be sold to:
  • Other alcoholic beverage licensees in the District;
  • Dealers licensed outside of the District; and
  • Consumers 21 years of age or older.
Any baked good infused with alcohol must be sold in a sealed or closed container. The container must have a label stating the brand of alcohol used in the product and that the product contains alcohol up to five percent per volume.
A bakery with a class C manufacturer's license is not permitted to sell and serve alcoholic beverages or to provide samples of alcohol-infused products to customers.

The annual license fee for a class C manufacturer's license is $1,000. 


If you are making any changes to an already licensed business, find the proper form here:

Additional Resources